The Koukku cottage is a new and bright log cottage that accommodates even a larger party all year round. The kitchen–living room combo is excellently suited for casual socialising or having a meeting. In summertime, you can use the wood-heated sauna in a separate lakeside building, and in the winter, just enjoy the convenience of the electrically heated sauna within the cottage. The cottage is heated ecologically with geothermal energy, and the cooling equipment add to living comfort in hot summer days. The Koukku cottage accommodates up to 8 people.
Please note that the reservation calendar automatically considers the different minimum lengths of stay that are valid at different times: generally one week in June-August and 2 nights at other times.
- 3 bedrooms. All the beds are high-quality hotel-style beds by Unikulma. Bedroom 1: two twin beds set up as a double bed (180 x 210 cm) but can be separated, plus an extra bed (80 x 190 cm). Bedroom 2: one bed (90 x 210 cm), plus an extra bed (80 x 190 cm). Bedroom 3: two twin beds set up as a double bed (180 x 210 cm) but can be separated, plus an extra bed (80 x 190 cm).
- Blankets and pillows. Use of bedlinen and towels is always included in the total price of reservation which varies somewhat depending on the number of guests.
- A combined kitchen and living room with a dining table for 8 persons, corner sofa, 3 armchairs, TV, fireplace (firewood included in the price)
- The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator/freezer, ceramic electric stove, microwave oven, coffeemaker, electric kettle, dishwasher. Also available is a selection of cookware and tableware as well as dishwasher tablets and dishwashing liquid and a dish brush.
- WC plus another WC in connection with the bathroom
- Dressing room with a washing machine
- Electrically heated sauna with a sauna pail and ladle
- Large terrace with a terrace set facing the lake
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- Tap water is potable
- The cottage’s private shoreline some 40 metres away.
- A shallow sandy shore, a jetty
- Portable charcoal grill (charcoal not included)
- If you want to cook on open fire, bring your own pots and pans – the dishes in the cottage are not suited for cooking on open fire and may not be used for that purpose.
- Outdoor fireplace, bench seats or log stools around the fireplace
- Terrace set
- The nearest buildings to Koukku are the Haavi building (50 m away) in one direction and the Onki cottage (130 m away) in another direction.
Separate sauna by the shore (available in May-September)
- The sauna by the shore may not be used at other times owing to safety reasons and to avoid structural damage caused by sub-zero temperatures. In sub-zero weather, any water splashed on floor and other surfaces freezes, making them dangerously slippery.
- Wood-heated, the firewood included in the price
- A hot water tank on the stove, plus running cold water
- Large water bucket, water basins and scoop, sauna pail and ladle
In addition to bringing your own food and drink with you, also remember to bring the following:
Personal hygiene supplies, toilet paper, flashlight, matches, spices and condiments, charcoal for the grill, mosquito coils. These are not included in our provision.
Keys, arrival and key handback
Upon your arrival, please check in at the reception, address Jokiniementie 62, 71910 Alapitkä (Lapinlahti). You will get the key to the cottage and instructions on how to get there. The earliest check-in time is 4.00 pm on your arrival date, and the key is to be handed back by 12 noon on your departure date.
Tidiness, after stay cleaning and waste
The guest renting the cottage is responsible for the tidiness of the rented premises during his/her stay. A more thorough after stay cleaning by the staff is included in the price, but please see to the following before checking out: Wash any dirty dishes, empty the waste bins, clear out any ashes from the fireplace and sauna stove firebox as well as their ash boxes and from the grill, separate the bedlinen from the blankets and pillows and replace any furniture you have moved. On the terrace, there’s a metal bucket for the ashes. If travelling with a pet, clean up any droppings near the cottage and remove any loose hair from the furniture.
We hope that you have the energy to sort your waste while at Jokiniemi. Put all recyclable waste materials (glass, metal, plastic, cardboard) in the designated containers by the entrance. You will also find a mixed waste container there. Papers and combustible waste (not including materials lined with aluminium or containing metal) can be burned in the fireplace. For biowaste, there is a designated composter by the tennis court on the way to the reception.
Pets are allowed in the cottage for no extra charge. Guests travelling with pets must ensure that no loose hair is left on the furniture before they check out. The easiest solution to this is to cover the furniture appropriately upon arrival.
If your dog relieves itself in the vicinity of the cottage, it is your responsibility to clean up any droppings and take them to the forest to decompose there. Also ensure that your pet stays at your party’s cottage – any nesting birds should not be disturbed, and the neighbouring guests may not be dog people.
Reservations and related inquiries, maintenance and upkeep
To make inquiries about reservations, use of the accommodation or the maintenance and upkeep of our facilities, please contact us using the following information:
Jokiniemen Matkailu / Marita
p. +358 400 811 266